From/ to Medellín airports
- On October 31 Reimaging Museum will have a bus service from José María Córdoba airport to the official hotels. From 6:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (midnight).
From the José María Córdoba International Airport, the average travel time to downtown Medellín is 45 minutes. Buses, minibuses and taxis connect the airport to different parts of Medellín. Taxi services can be requested by phone. Taxis are equipped with meters indicating the fare. The fare from the international terminal to the city center is approximately COP 65,000 (USD 22).
From Olaya Herrera Airport to the official partner hotels and Explora Park the average travel time is 15 minutes. The taxi fare is approximately COP 12,000 (USD 4). Buses are also available.
To the conference
The conference will take place at Parque Explora. Complimentary bus transportation will be provided to and from the three official conference hotels and Parque Explora during the three days of the event.
In the city
Transportation options include:
SITVA - The Integrated Transport Aburrá Valley System
Medellín has a massive transportation system that includes:
- Medellín Metro: the cost per trip is COP 2,300 (USD 0.8).
- Metrocable: the cost per regular trip is COP 2,300 (USD 0.8).
- Metroplus: the cost per route is COP 2,300 (USD 0.8).
- Tram of Medellín: the cost per trip is COP 2,300 (USD 0.8).
- EnCicla (bikes): free with previous registration.
If you prefer to reach Explora Park using public transportation, we recommend you take the Metro and get off at the station Universidad, line A.
In Medellín. taxis have the following identifying characteristics:
- They are the color yellow.
- The name of the company to which they are affiliated together with the mobile number 'número del móvil' is located in a visible place.
- The color of the license plate is a white background with black characters
Every vehicle is equipped with a taxi meter ('taximetro') to determine the price of the service according to government regulations. The fees that apply currently to taxi services are:
Minimum fee ('carrera mínima'): COP 5.000 (USD 1.70)
From/To the International Airport José María Córdova: COP 65,000 (USD 22)
Buses in Medellín are owned by private companies and each bus has a specific route in the city that can be identified by a square-like poster in the front window. Prices range between COP 1800 (USD .58) and 2500 (USD .80 ) depending on the bus type. Fees must be paid in cash, preferably in coins or with small bills.
Mobile Apps for Transportation